advice on upgrading my ciao

Cartella in cui parlare di tutto quello che non riguarda sezioni specifiche. Qui è veramente tutto libero, entro i limiti!
Rispondi
gravity eyelids
Membro triciclo
Ha ringraziato: 0
Sei stato  ringraziato: 0

advice on upgrading my ciao

Messaggio da leggere da gravity eyelids »

Hello everyone, I'm new to the ciao scene, I think mine is an SC 1975 going from what I've looked at on the model section, it is the model without variator, I've been looking on ebay at various kits, I'm thinking of putting on a sha 13/13 carb, a 65 or 80 cylinder kit and some kind of expansion exhaust, will it be OK to use the same crankshaft and single speed pulley? I want my ciao to look standard apart from the exhaust.
Thanks !
Alex16.03.1994
Membro 65cc
Ha ringraziato: 2 volte

Re: advice on upgrading my ciao

Messaggio da leggere da Alex16.03.1994 »

Hello, welcome to ciaocrossclub! Then I'll recommend it to something soft, put a 65cc polini kit, cased filed in good suction and connected to the cylinder, a carburetor filter Malossi Dellorto SHA 13/13, I would put a transmission pulley average of 80 mm and clutch cif (lighter than the original), I would say as a discharge circuit Proma or polini sp.Se want something more stringent I recommend a kit BIG DEPS malossi malossi 47mm cased MP tree back to full malossi, malossi carbon reed valve, 19/19 malossi filter, and transmission as a bell with Simonini Malossi clutch shoes and springs and small pulley 55mm, and how to download a high Simonini performance, if you change transmission resumption and put that to drive, with good and calibrated Multivar malossi clutch in C40 (the 'user ivan unless I am mistaken or sells SIVIT_159), and pegs malossi malossi yellow spring, Malossi belt. But you do not recommend the transmission in drive.
Let us know.
Hello!
Immagine Creato con My Cool Signs.Net
Edjuh
Membro 50cc
Sei stato  ringraziato: 2 volte

Messaggio da leggere da Edjuh »

Hi,

You don't need another crankshaft, original piaggio is very strong.

A 43mm polini/dr will do fine. Get a polini top one or a simonini racing/lunga exhaust and a 80mm pulley and you're off. For an '80cc' kit(around 72cc for 46mm bore) you have to get your cases 'worked' for the bigger diameter of the cylinder. 13-13 is a must.

You'll find some how-to's @ the 'officina', for example how to enlarge the inlet.
gravity eyelids
Membro triciclo

Hi,
thanks for the advice, I think I will get a 65 polini, I've already ordered an exhaust from ebay, it's a serpentone supplied without a silencer, when it arrives I'll see what silencer fits, there are plenty of 13/13 carburetors on ebay also air filters, I was reccomended to fit new clutch springs, but I don't yet understand what benefit these would be, maybe they pick up the drive quicker, I'll also get an 80mm rear pulley and belt. I've read the instructions for fitting the polini 65 kit and it says that it's not neccessary to modifiy the crankshaft or ports, do you think this is true or should I do this modification for maximum benefit of the kit ?
Edjuh
Membro 50cc

gravity eyelids ha scritto:Hi,
thanks for the advice, I think I will get a 65 polini, I've already ordered an exhaust from ebay, it's a serpentone supplied without a silencer, when it arrives I'll see what silencer fits, there are plenty of 13/13 carburetors on ebay also air filters, I was reccomended to fit new clutch springs, but I don't yet understand what benefit these would be, maybe they pick up the drive quicker, I'll also get an 80mm rear pulley and belt. I've read the instructions for fitting the polini 65 kit and it says that it's not neccessary to modifiy the crankshaft or ports, do you think this is true or should I do this modification for maximum benefit of the kit ?
The thing with enlarging the inlet and machining the crank is that you can overdo it, as you know the admission type is rotary and if you have too much 'open time' you're engine won't pull until 15mph(are you british?), which is no fun on a mono-transmission(with a variator you have more slack because it drives away with higher revs).

The clutch springs have something to do with the flat spot you always have in low revs and their function is too let the motor rev more before the clutch grips and puts the wheels in motion, this way you can drag your engine beyond the flat spot(more or less).

Personally I thing matching the transfers is useful and noticable in the midrange. The crank mod. depends on how large your inlet is, sometimes your inlet can't be ideal and then it's useful to grind some off. This also depends on the rest of your setup, so I'm eager to learn which 'snake' you bought.

If you take pictures of the inlet inside the case I might be able to give advise. On the dutch ciao page http://www.vespa-ciao.nl there's a guy that completely explains the timing tale for ciao's, if you're into the technical part you can read this with some translator. Have a look in the how-to section.

Ciao
gravity eyelids
Membro triciclo

hi, thanks for the interest, yes I am british, I live close to the Newcastle ferry teminal, the expansion exhaust that I bought has not arrived yet, it comes without a silencer, that's something else that I will need to buy or make, anyway here's a foto as it appeared on ebay.
Allegati
serpentone
serpentone
!BpRlVW!CGk~$(KGrHqMH-D0EuZJpo-HpBLqon7Hcww~~_12.JPG (13.71 KiB) Visto 8485 volte
hansieb112
Membro triciclo
Sei stato  ringraziato: 1 volta

Messaggio da leggere da hansieb112 »

Thats not what you call a good exhaust. It doesnt perform good at all. I would definitely get a nice proma circuit / simonini racing if you want to drive a 43mm cilinder.

You can order for example here -> http://www.jmpb.nl/store/
gravity eyelids
Membro triciclo

Hi, I was thinking that myself, it was only €10 so I thought it was worth a try, would it be ok on a 65cc kit? I think I'll try it anyway and maybe buy something more suitable if it isn't good enough, thanks for the advice.
Chris.
Edjuh
Membro 50cc

It might be nice for low- and midrange but you won't get the most out of the engine.

For 10 euro's it's worth a try anyhow.
gravity eyelids
Membro triciclo

Hi, what is your opinion of a Malossi 46.5 cylinder kit, is it similar to a polini kit? I will be able to open up the cases at work so that won't be a problem.
Edjuh
Membro 50cc

Yeah it's ok, I've never driven one but some say it's faster than a 46mm polini.
Rispondi